Top Tips: Music
How to start making a positive difference by transforming the way you work.
1. Calculate the impacts of your tours, productions, venues, offices, and festivals using the Creative IG Tools.
2. Define your aims in an environmental policy and action plan for your company, venue, production, event, or tour.
3. Be greener and savvier about where and how you get your merchandise, catering, instruments and other creative supplies.
5. Encourage your audiences to travel to your gigs and festivals more sustainably.
6. Designing a show? Whether it's for a one-off concert or heading on tour, find ways to reduce its environmental impacts: from lighting design to set materials.
7. Taking a show or band on the road? Here's how to green your touring.
8. Running a venue? Be more efficient about energy and water use and smarter about waste management.
9. Include green clauses in your rider, or include them in briefing packs for incoming tours/productions if you're a venue or event.
10. Be energy and water efficient and reduce waste in your office.
11. Switch from plastic jewel cases to card CD packaging to reduce the carbon footprint of your CD packaging by up to 95%. Find out more about making your CDs more sustainable.
12. Show your commitment to environmental sustainability and join a creative community actively working on reducing its impacts: get Creative Green Certification for your office, studio, venue, or festival.Login/sign up to add to your Bookmarks