Top Tips: Visual Arts
How to start making a positive difference by transforming the way you work.
1. Calculate the impacts of your exhibitions, galleries, and offices using the Creative IG Tools.
2. Define your aims in an environmental policy and action plan for your company, gallery, exhibition, or event; or create an environmental statement of intent for your practice.
3. Be greener and savvier about where and how you get your materials, catering, and other creative supplies.
4. Reduce your exhibition's environmental impacts: from design and construction to build and break-down, including choices of materials and lighting. Also consider how you are transporting artworks.
5. Encourage your audiences to travel to your exhibitions more sustainably.
6. Be energy and water efficient and reduce waste in your office.
7. Running a gallery? Be more efficient about energy and water use and smarter about waste management in your building.
8. Draw inspiration from others: keep informed about how other arts organisations are going greener.
9. Reach out to and partner with environmental organisations and scientists to support curators and artists looking to make work that deals with environmental themes.
10. Show your commitment to environmental sustainability and join a creative community actively working on reducing its impacts: get Creative Green Certification for your office or gallery.Login/sign up to add to your Bookmarks