In December 2015, thousands of individuals, climate based foundations and NGO’s will descend on Paris for COP21 – the 21st United Nations conference of climate change. The agenda of COP21 is primarily scientific and political, the question is will they achieve the necessary global agreements that will address the seriousness of the climate challenge.
ArtCOP21 will stage city and world-wide cultural events that address climate as a people challenge and work to create a cultural blueprint of positive and sustainable change.
Curated by COAL and Cape Farewell, the festival brings together a wide community of collaborators, including Julie's Bicycle.
Professional Workshop, 3rd - 4th December 2015
In partnership with COAL and On the Move, Julie's Bicycle has co-curated the ArtCOP21 Professional Workshop for over 100 cultural policy makers, funding bodies, creative sector representatives and artistic networks and associations.
The two day workshop at the Gaîté Lyrique will focus on topics related to the role of culture in responding to climate change, sharing approached and methodologies for change, with the following aims:
- Train, support and promote the integration of sustainable development within creative practice.
- Coordinate, enhance and scale up existing successful initiatives with public policies and private structures, building on Julie's Bicycle's research for IFACCA into the global engagement of arts council and cultural agencies with environmental sustainability to date.
- Mobilise cultural stakeholders (e.g. the 720,000 cultural professionals in France alone) to become more proactive in the expression, transmission and sharing of a new culture of nature and change.
- Enhance the role of culture and creativity in the insights and implementation of practical solutions towards a low carbon society.
- Adopt a set of recommendations valuing the contribution of the cultural sector.
Browse the Programme
ArtCOP21 will stage city and worldwide cultural events that address climate as a "people challenge" and work to create a cultural blueprint of positive and sustainable change. In addition to the festival main programme, there are hundreds of events in Paris and worldwide taking place between September and December 2015. Wherever you are in the world, you can get involved. See if there's an event happening near you, and if not, you can get involved below.
As an artist, organisation or collective, you can participate in ArtCOP21 by promoting your own event on the ArtCOP21 website for free. Exhibitions, installations, meetings, performances, screenings, concerts, readings, participatory workshops, competitions or any other cultural events that address climate change in an inspiring way will benefit from the visibility and impact of this shared platform.
ArtCop21 labelled events can take place anytime between 1st September and 31st December 2015.Login/sign up to add to your Bookmarks